Last Night's Meditation: Triangles, Tarot and Writing

I did not get to start my morning with a meditation as I have recently preferred to do. Instead I had to dash out the door at 7:45 to get to my doctors office for an appointment. Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the morning. Sometimes life gets in the way. I prefer to start work a bit later in the morning around 9. I can do that because I'm self employed but I realize many people do not have this luxury and are bound by a schedule they have settled for.

Regardless I bunkered down for me meditation sometime after supper, after the kitchen was clean and I had a shower. I needed to get those thing out of the way before I could feel ready to change my brain. That's a little what I feel like I'm doing when I meditate. I want to be calm and ready to accept something new.

This meditation didn't last very long. I don't set a timer but I'm a fairly good judge of time and so is the meditation nature track I've been fond of. I like to find something soothing on Youtube that shows video image of running rivers or waterfalls. There are many of these channels on Youtube and lately I like to go to 321 Relaxing - Meditation Relax Clips which actually have 2 to 8 hour meditation videos.

So in this meditation which was about 7 minutes I'm guessing. I've definitely meditated for a lot longer. (I will tell you about my first meditation session this year. In another post.) I opened with clapping my hands about my head, grabbed a piece of jade to hold in one hand and began my breathing. Three count inhale through the nose and 3 count exhale through the mouth. It was very quickly into this quieting that I  saw 3 points like flames behind my eyelids. I quickly realized that this shape was an upright triangle and the lines of white light connected them.

The triangle is a powerful symbol. An upright triangle is the pagan symbol for the fire element. In Christianity, the holy trinity is often represented as a triangle. Pythagoras associated the number 3 with triangles.Some occultists use the triangle as a summoning symbol. At the culmination of a ritual, the desired being is expected to appear within a triangle inscribed upon the floor. The occultist often performs rituals from the protection of a circle. And lets not forget the importance of the Triangle to the Ancient Egyptians. Geometry being integral to the building of their pyramids and so much more.

I meditated longer and focused on this and other images that appeared to me. I also did a visualized protection around the room I was in. I like to visualize the writing of a sacred symbol on all the walls of the room.

I know a lot of people reading this will think this is all some new age whooey however I think it's important to remember the power of intention. When a person sets themselves to an intention, positive or negative, certain changes occur in ones own brain. Things like calmness, safety and most important for me: clarity, focus and productivity, come as a result.

After my meditation, I sipped some tea and did a tarot reading. Okay I know what you're thinking but tarot isn't magic to me. It's a way to gain insight on my own feelings. It allows me to think differently about myself, my actions and more. This was probably the most accurate and insightful tarot reading I have ever done for myself.

I did a 4 card spread asking WHY AM I SO STRESSED? This is a really basic tarot reading I found on pintrest of all places. The four cards address the following questions in the order they are laid down:

card 1 - What am I missing from my life?
card 2 -  What is the best way for me to relax right now?
card 3 - What outside circumstances are causing me stress?
card 4 - What part of my behavior is making stress worse?

I got some excellent and insightful answers that just felt entirely spot on. Answers were:
1. Trying to cooperate with my partner (always an issue on business)
2. Stop worrying about money stresses (maybe don't spend a bunch of money right now)
3. Being famous in the artistic field, disciplined work methods, clear priorities, business opportunity
4. Stagnation. cancelled plans and goals unrealized (that's me to a T right now due to illness and my awful fear of failure).

Following this I had a giant moment of clarity and was able to sit down and do some writing on my novel. Finally some productivity. That's really the goal here. Clear my mind, set my intentions and realize them. I just want to write my books and get them published. I just want to be productive and creative. It's not easy when your brain feels like a jumbled mess. Regardless I had some productive hours last night and I believe this was only achieved by allowing myself the space and time to reorganize my brain with meditation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Meditation with The Horned God

Meditation and Depression: How to just DO IT

My First Full Moon Ritual & Meditation