Time Travel and Meditation

Summer Altar
I'm fairly new to meditation. All my attempts at such in the past were... well failed would be an accurate word. Yet every where I turn I am told that meditation and mindfulness is the key to inner peace. Inner peace as a recovering addict is something I very much need to find. As someone who feels powerless so often, over my addiction and over my life, I realized that I need to turn inward to find happiness. Something integral to that inner peace for me is FOCUS. I lack focus. I always have. My attention and thoughts are entirely fleeting and it's so hard to be truly pulled into the now, into THIS moment. I think it was Joseph Heller who wrote a book (Catch 22 to be exact), in which his character Yoassarian exclaims that he is a time traveler. He describes being able to transport back in time to any of his previously lived moments and be right there.. of course he's talking about reliving memories. I think we can all identify with that. I feel like I'm a constant time traveler too, but I can't travel to the future. I'm forever stuck traveling unwillingly to the past. That's my brain's lack of focus so I started this meditation journey as a way to visit the past, enjoy the present and feel hope towards the future.

You can consider this blog a bit of a meditation journal if you would like but it will involve a lot more than that. I want to use this page to talk about my spiritual growth and journey as well as my lifestyle which admittedly, is a little unconventional. That brings me to the name of this blog. You see, I guess I feel like I am in fact learning to light me own way... by that I mean, make it bright and happy, a more visible path so I'm not tripping over every, pothole and stone along the way.
Please grab a pillow and stay a while. Light a candle and join in on my journey of lighting the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Meditation with The Horned God

Meditation and Depression: How to just DO IT

My First Full Moon Ritual & Meditation