Morning Meditation with The Horned God

I don't tend to set intentions for every meditation. The goal often is just to clear my mind so I can think more clearly later in the day. However, today I wanted to see if I could invoke the spirit of the Horned God who is pretty much the only god I've been experiencing lately. This is likely due to my very green nature and path. It's also summer and the height of my gardening season.

Yesterday I purchased this lovely oil from my local Witchy emporium called The Neighborhood Witch. It is an anointing oil although it wasn't labeled. It smells amazing and well I thought I would give it a shot today during my meditation. I guess it worked. I don't expect to see anything in minds eye but I'm very good at visualization so it turns out. I just start by visualizing the ocean or this piece of forest from memory. I ease into it and really, everything that pops into my brain is so sudden that it seems to comes entirely from outside myself. One can assume this is your subconscious speaking or one can choose to assume this is ones higher power working through you.

I don't really want to continue writing this blog as if I don't believe in a higher power because I do. I refer to it as The All, which we are all apart of and sometimes this feels very scientific being that we are all made of atoms. It is all rooted in paganism. Very similar to Wicca but I'm not Wiccan. You can call me that if you like but Wicca is a very organized practice and mine is not. It's also very rooted in nature, the natural and old ways. Particularly for me, the Pictish ways. I believe in energy exchanges and I think that there is some collective conscious out there that we just haven't tapped into. Maybe my meditation is allowing me to tap into it a little. The Picts believed that connecting with the energy of The All was done very simply with intention and required very little tools or baubles. They did have tools but unlike Wicca and some New Age religions we see today, they were very non-materialistic. It's about connecting the mind and body with the energy of the All, not things. That isn't to say that I don't like the occasional bauble. I do. I like my oils, herbs and candles.They put me in mood I guess you could say.

Anyway, getting back to today's meditation. This took place in the morning and although I was not forcing my intentions which were kinda vague to begin with, were realized in this meditation. The Waning Moon is a good time for getting rid of things you don't want so I decide to focus on asking the All to remove me addictions and that did come up in this meditation. I won't get into it in greater detail because all that is between me and the Horned God. But I made a promise and felt lighter after the whole deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meditation and Depression: How to just DO IT

My First Full Moon Ritual & Meditation